The City of Dana Point provides maps through Community View Maps (See the link below), a Geographical Information System (GIS), which shows detailed information about properties and locational information from a geographic perspective. The GIS information provided by the City of Dana Point is a public resource providing a visual display of general information for your convenience.
If you cannot access Community View Maps and/or need information about a property, please contact the City of Dana Point at (949) 248-3564 or visit City Hall, located at 33282 Golden Lantern. For more resources regarding development please visit www.danapoint.org, the City's webpage within 'Community Development' under 'City Government'.
By entering a street address or an Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) in the Search box of Community View Maps, you can locate a particular property and view the following types of information:
- Aerial Color Photography
- City Boundary
- Coastal Zone Boundary
- Coastal Commission Appeals Area
- Fire Hazard Zones
- Land Use Designations
- Property Lines
- Property Parcel Information
- Planned Residential Developments (PRD)
- Specific Plan Development Areas
- Topographic Contours
- Water/Sewer District Service Areas
- Wedding Sites
- Zoning and Zoning Classification
We also have maps separately at the following webpages. Please click on the following links:
Community View Map Viewing Tips:
1) Click "View" to select one of the GIS layer maps noted above and to change the map view.
|2) To identify a specific property without an address or APN - simply zoom (upper left) to a scale where parcel lines are visible, place your cursor inside the parcel boundary and click the left mouse button for information about the property.|
3) To search by property address, enter the property address (including numbers) in the Search box. You can also enter the street name to go to a general location. There is no need to enter the City, State or Zip Code. Then click on your property of interest for detailed information.
4) To search by APN, enter APN:XXXXXXXXX in the Search box. Example: apn:123456789.
|5) You can shift view North, South, East or West on the screen simply by depressing your mouse and moving it across the screen.|
|6) You can focus closer in or further out by clicking on + or - in the upper left corner.|
7) The information "bubble" displays a property address and APN, as well as links to property photos (birds eye view and Bing Maps), property details, property summary, Zoning Classifications, and driving directions. When a layer is selected from the view drop down menu, the information "bubble" will also display layer specific information for some of the layers.
The information displayed by Community View Maps is provided by Digital Map Products and is not maintained by the City of Dana Point. Information should be verified by the user with City Hall before relying on its accuracy. The City of Dana Point makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the information provided, and assumes no liability for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided or any decision made or action taken or not taken by the user in relance upon any information or data provided.
Click here for Community View Maps link.