The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence – Orange County/Community Alliance Network (NCADD-OC/CAN) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to reducing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use through prevention efforts involving collaboration and education contributing to a healthier Orange County. Through the use of preventative strategies, educational activities, trainings, and community organization, NCADD/CAN is dedicated to providing free educational services to the community.
The NCADD-OC/CAN's Underage Drinking Prevention Project is focused on four priority areas:
(1) To increase adults’ awareness of the prevalence and consequences of underage drinking among Orange County youth; (2) To increase youth and adults’ awareness of the alcohol industry’s marketing strategies/tactics to promote alcohol use by youth; (3) To increase adults’ knowledge of underage drinking issues; (4) To provide responsible beverage service (RBS) trainings to On-Sale and Off-Sale establishments on how to recognize underage or intoxicated customers, and how to keep them from harming themselves or others.
NCADD-OC/CAN will be continuing prevention efforts through an Underage Drinking Prevention Project funded by the County of Orange Health Care Agency-Alcohol and Drug Education and Prevention Team (ADEPT) to focus on reducing and preventing underage drinking in Cities of Anaheim, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and Dana Point.
The project focuses on the following activities in each city:
- Conducting a mass media awareness campaign to attract attention to the issue of underage drinking
- Providing educational workshops to raise community awareness of the alcohol industry’s marketing strategies/tactics to promote alcohol use to youth
- Planning a community forum to gather all aspects of the community from law enforcement, school personnel, and parents to increase the awareness and consequences of underage drinking
- Offering Responsible Beverage Service Trainings (RBS) to On-Sale and Off-Sale Liquor Establishments to train establishments on proper protocol for checking bonafide identification cards, and educating clerks or servers on the Liability Laws in regards to selling alcohol to minors
Through collaboration with local community organizations, law enforcement, schools, youth, residents and businesses, NCADD-OC/CAN looks forward to working with you in creating a healthier and safer Orange County.
NATIONAL COUNCIL ON ALCOHOLISM AND DRUG DEPENDENCE - ORANGE COUNTY
5 Mason, Suite 150
Irvine CA 92618
Funded by the Orange County Health Care Agency/ADEPT